Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My SB Chili

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 medium onions, chopped
Heat oil in pan and cook onions till softened. I cut up my onions extra tiny so I don't have to bite into them later since I actually hate onions but like onion flavor.
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
Add ingredients and brown turkey, breaking it up in the pan.
  • 1/4 cup chili powder
  • 2 bay leaves
  • 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
  • 3 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
  • 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
Add ingredients and let simmer for 45 minutes covered. Stir occasionally to make sure nothing stick to the bottom and burns.
  • 3 15-ounce cans small white beans, rinsed, drained
Add beans and let simmer uncovered 15 minutes.

No comments: