Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flax-Z-Snax Hot Cereal REVIEW

I have the strawberries and cream style. Really easy to make up. Mix hot water and cereal, let stand. I found it greatly improved by a touch of milk and agave syrup as its pretty bland. Kind of gritty but with only 2 net carbs per serving, I think its an acceptable option to cream of wheat/oatmeal for a warm breakfast. The grittyness takes getting used to. I might actually try grinding it further to see if I can get a smoother texture. Its a very bland flavor, even with the occasional little piece of strawberry. I highly recommend added some form of sweetner. End of the day, its ok. Not good but not bad either. I might try some other hot cereal brands after I'm done with this bag just to see if they're all the same...

No comments: